This quick and easy healthy wrap is borrowed from Two Healthy Kitchens, and is too good not to share. The granola Crunch Apple-Peanut Butter Wrap is sure to be a hit among everyone in the family, even your little ones. They are great for busy weekends traveling in the car or for a packed lunch on the beach, making this on-the-go wrap perfect for summer road trips! They are packed full of nutrients for tons of energy including apples, peanut butter, and whole grains!
- 1 Flatout flatbread (for this recipe we like Healthy Grain Harvest Wheat, Multi Grain with Flax, or Light Original)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
- 1/3 cup matchstick-cut apples (from about 1/4 apple – we like tart or sweet-tart varieties like Granny Smith or Honey Crisp)
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons granola (see note)
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, optional
- For each sandwich wrap, place a Flatout flatbread on your work surface and spread with peanut butter.
- Lay apple matchsticks evenly, lengthwise, down the center of the flatbread, as shown in the photos in the post. Sprinkle raisins, cranberries, granola, and cinnamon (if using) evenly over top of the apples.
- Beginning at one long side, roll the flatbread up.
- Cut in half and serve immediately, or wrap tightly and store in the refrigerator until serving or packing in lunch boxes.
If someone in your family has a peanut allergy, this on-to-go wrap is still delicious with almond butter or Sun butter.
I like to whip up the peanut butter with about 3 Tbls of vanilla greek yogurt to make this on-the-go wrap a little lighter, fluffier, and tangy feel and taste. Yum!