I’m always looking for ways to spice up (literally) my favorite dishes. I’m a runner, so carbs are my friend – namely, pasta. I know I know, it sounds like I’m encouraging pasta, a seemingly unhealthy choice, on a site that’s supposed to be the epitome of health. Pasta does not have to be the enemy though – and we preach balance, right??
As usual, I’m one to share quick and easy recipes with the GUADS community, and this recipe is no different – 30 mins or less.
With this kind of recipe, the bases are pasta and sauce. I recommend adding chicken (my favorite version of this recipe includes chicken), but adding shrimp or kielbasa are also tasty touches.
Here’s the deal, you need:
8 oz. fettuccine (or pasta of your choice)
1/2 lb. chicken, cut into pieces
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
16 oz. jar roasted peppers
1/2 cup Half&Half (or heavy cream)
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese to serve
1. Prep the ingredients:
– Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook fettuccine according to the package instructions. Drain, rinse with cold water, and set aside.
– Meanwhile, chop half of the peppers into small pieces. Place the remaining peppers (with the liquid from the jar) into a food processor or bullet blender and process until smooth.
2. Add olive oil to a large, non-stick pan and cook the chicken for 5 minutes on medium heat. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds.
4. Add chopped and blended peppers and Half&Half.
5. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes, until the sauce starts to thicken.
6. Add fettuccine and parsley.
7. Mix everything well.
Now, all that’s left to do is to place a generous amount of pasta on the plate, sprinkle it with some Parmesan cheese and ENJOY!!
Taken from cooktoria.com