Ahh, its spring time. Which means nice weather, windows open, bonfires, birds chirping, flowers blooming, the smell of fresh cut grass, and my personal favorite: the grill. Okay, so I may have just learned how to use the grill last year, but I haven’t stopped since. I’m now a mean grilling machine (not at all I basically torch everything but I’m learning). One of my favorites is sausage and peppers. Now usually I’d throw this in a crock pot because well to be honest you’d have to be pretty bad at cooking to mess that up. BUT, I decided to bring one of my favorite dishes to the grill. This quick and easy recipe is easy to follow and absolutely delicious. So grab what you need, maybe an adult beverage and your friends and throw this on and enjoy a nice spring evening.
- 8 Italian sausage links
- 4 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 c. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Heat grill to high. Cut 4 sheets of foil about 12″ long.
- Grill sausages until charred, 3 minutes per side, then divide among foil. Top with peppers and onions and drizzle each with 1 tablespoon olive oil, then season with salt and pepper.
- Fold foil packets crosswise over the sausage and peppers mixture to completely cover the food. Roll top and bottom edges to seal closed.
- Grill until peppers and onions are tender and sausage is cooked, 13 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
Article written by GUADS staff member, Chelsea
Recipe Cred: Delish